Our next funding call will be announced in the New Year with a deadline (TBC) in Spring 2016.
If you think your funding appeal fulfills our criteria (see our “About” page), we would welcome your proposal at our next meeting.
The application should comprise:
Maximum 3 (single-side) pages of A4:
- Your Charity No. as a reference.
- A section outlining how the project fulfills the Foundation’s criteria.
- An outline of how the proposed project is of benefit to the public.
- A summary of how you plan to acknowledge support of the Foundation (e.g. use of logo in newsletters/ signage/ donations panels).
- A detailed breakdown of costs of all items requested (please bear in mind that salary and capital building costs cannot be funded by the Foundation).
- An updated summary of financial reporting (1-3 pages) from your charity’s annual report. [Please do not send full annual reports].
Please note: Salaries in any format, and capital building costs, are not funded.
The Foundation funds one PhD studentship over consecutive three year periods. Natural history research topics are chosen by the Trustees and invitations are sent out to research organisations with expertise in the chosen topic. Please note: The Foundation does not respond to unsolicited requests for PhD funding.
All documents should be sent by email as electronic copies in MS Word or PDF format to jslf[at]johnlewis.co.uk.